Sunday, February 20, 2005

Milwaukee Radio Sucks

I love music. At home, in my car, at work, out riding my bike, I'm listening to music. Unfortunately because of my job, I get stuck listening to local radio. I can't stand Milwaukee radio. It is all the same regurgitate crap. Everything that they play is painfully predictable. The "Rock" station likes to play Ozzy, Alice in Chains, Metallica, and Nickleback at least 40 times a day. If I wanted to torture myself, I'm sure that I could record the station and sit down to figure out their playlist. If they played more than 100 different songs during the ENTIRE week I would be AMAZED.

The "New Rock" station plays pretty much everything that the "Rock" station does but it likes to throw in that new Green Day song at least once an hour. They also like playing what they consider alternative. That being whiny over-produced crap. Sum 41, Jimmy Eat World, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, all fall into that category. Just look at how many songs those four groups take up on their playlist. It's pathetic!

Do you want to listen to a real alternative station? Check out Radio Wazee. I can't get enough of them. Wazee kicks ass!

I'm sorry but I don't consider Rap or Country music to be actual music. Any music that can be made with a Kmart synthesizer and a microphone or just by singing about your dead dog/car/girl isn't music. That includes the "Kiss" station (I think every city has one of these), the "Jams" station, and the "Country" station.

I must give our local college radio stations tons of praise. WMSE and WCCX are my only relief. Thank you!!! WCCX is mainly alternative with some oldies and techno thrown in. WMSE is all over the place. They change DJs every 3 hours. They range from ancient scratchy bluegrass to really cool techno. My favorite is "Jules with Alternative" on Thursdays from 6-9pm. Not only does she have a sexy voice but she plays really kick-ass tunes. You can even download WMSE archives right here.

It's no wonder that satellite and streaming radio are doing so well. Nobody wants to listen to the crap that local radio has to offer anymore.

I can't wait to finish my car MP3 player. Having months of music at my fingertips will be AWESOME.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

Milwaukee radio may suck ass, but where I'm moving this summer the radio blows ass (I think that's worse than sucking?). It has three main stations...1 Country, 1 Rock and the other one's Pop...Yuck, yuck, yuck...

11:19 AM  
Blogger BP said...

You really may want to check out XM radio. They now have cool units for around $100 that you can use in your car or your house. I'm probably going to get the Delphi Roady when I've got the extra cash.

As for sucking and blowing...it really depends upon the situation. ;)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Bry said...

LOL -- you make a very good point

6:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes!! XM Deep Tracks 27 is great! Especially when Earle Bailey is playing the tunage. Milwaukee radio started sucking in 1979 when WZMF went off the air and it's been downhill ever since.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home