Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I'm glad I hate my job.

Since I never update my blog, how about a two-fer?


I had a bit of an epiphany the other day. I'm glad that I hate my job. If I didn't hate my job, I would be like all of the other "lifers" that I work with. Don't get me wrong. They are great guys that do very good work. The problem is that they have accepted that this is "their" job. It will always be "their" job. They have accepted that they will be doing this job for the rest of their life.

If this was going to be "my job" for the rest of my life, I'd have to start drinking or doing drugs. Just to make it a challenge.

I'm pissed off at myself that I've made poor decisions and can't currently afford to go back to school. I'd like to get A+, NET+, COMPTIA, CCNA, and MCSE certified. Those are the basic requirements to any IT job. A job that would actually have a future and pay much MUCH more.

It still pains me that me dream job doesn't pay. I know that I'd love to be a broadcast engineer. I've worked with those guys. It would be a blast. But if all I could afford is a tiny shitty apartment, and a 10+ year old car, I would be miserable.

...I just dunno...

1 Comments:

Blogger Bite Me said...

I hear ya. I think we need to go out drinking. I feel like drinking till I'm blind and then driving my car into a tree. Btw, I have a kick ass beard now.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home