Monday, March 21, 2005

SNAP!

Well I thought that after my last post, I was in the clear. Almost...



What you see above is the plastic vacuum line that I snapped off last night at 1:30am. I was trying to push a piece of tubing onto the other end of the line. When the stupid plastic fitting gave way I promptly yelled out, "Oh crap!" When I say "crap" I actually mean 87 well chosen expletives. Why do car companies insist on making fittings out of plastic? I guess that it saved someone $0.03.

I have since tried gluing that piece three times. Is all "plastic" glue full of crap? I guess that I should know that if it comes in a plastic container with a removable cap that it actually doesn't glue plastic. I went to Walz-Mart a couple of hours ago and picked up some Plastic Weld Epoxy. If the stuff works half as well as it stinks, I should be able to tow a Mack Truck with this hose when I'm done.

Ahhhh....


I'd also like to let you know that I've witnessed a miracle. Take a look...



What you are looking at is one of my tools that I dropped while working on my car a couple of weeks ago. (Before I started ripping everything apart.) I dropped this tool while working in the middle of the engine bay. I looked EVERYWHERE for it. I even backed out while jamming on my brakes to try and get it to fall out. I took the above pic FOUR DAYS later. Like some amazing game of Plinko the socket and extension bounced around and landed in a big glob of grease right by the passenger side wheel. The only reason that this glob of grease was there was because I couldn't find the replacement part that I needed six months ago.

Way too many things happened in order for me to get this tool back. I'm guessing that it will save my life someday. LOL!


Oooooo, and look at my shiny new alternator...




And last but not least, it's me!!!



Sorry ladies, no Brad Pitt here. Just a big teddy bear. This pic was from Christmas '03 so it's a little dated. I'm a hair over 6' tall and have since shaved off the goatee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

Yay pictures! You're the sexiest teddy bear I've ever seen ;) The other pictures just look like pieces of metal to me!

5:00 PM  
Blogger BP said...

(the little dance I've been doing for the last 5 minutes)

Bry thinks I'm sexy...neener...neener..neener...NJ suuuuckks...

LOL!


But there such purdy shiny pieces of metal. Just look at that blue.

NJ, that friggin eye is really starting to scare me.

11:10 PM  
Blogger BP said...

Thanks Sassy!

Man love is bad mmmmmmm K.

Leaning the fine art of striptease is good mmmmmmmm K. ;)

11:55 PM  
Blogger BP said...

Ugh. Learning not leaning. These cold drugs are starting to get to me.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home