Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Warmth, please!?!

For the last three months I've been a lazy mofo. The weather in WI sucks!!! I just want it to get warm so I can ride my bike and work on my car. Knowhutimean?

I've probably gained a good 10-15lbs this winter and I really want to work it off. I'm too cheap/poor to get a gym membership, and the only two form of exercise that I like are swimming and biking. Considering that there are no free heated pools nearby, I haven't been doing anything.

My parent's have a nice exercise bike and treadmill, but I haven't been able to force myself to do either on a regular basis. They are soo damn boring!!! I've tried reading and watching TV but it still sucks. Also, my parent's get on my nerves pretty quick. I've had my own place for about 5 years now. Spending even a couple hours a day at their house sucks. Don't get me wrong, I come from a loving family. It's kinda like a family get together during a holidays. A few hours with family every few months is fine. Any more than that and things can get ugly.

So I'm left with riding my bike. When it's cold, windy, and rainy out, bicycle riding is no fun. But when it's warm out, I actually look forward to coming home and getting some exercise. I like to strap on my headphones and just let the scenery fly by while listening to kickass tunes.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose 40-50lbs. Right now I'm at 265ish. Yeah, ouch. I think that my target weight is 190 (for a 6' guy). I REALLY can't imagine what it would be like loosing 75lbs. Geez, that would be the difference between carrying around a full size bag of rock salt. Give that a try for a 10 minutes. Now imagine what I feel like after working all day, carrying around 75lbs of extra weight.

Hey, I might even gain back some self-esteem and ask some hottie out. ...for the first time in waay too long...

Mother Nature, give me some love!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bry said...

I'm the same way. I like, no love, working out in warm weather...maybe it's because I get to wear skimpy oufits? Ooops did I just say that?! Kidding! I think you can totally reach your goal, you have the right mind-set...I totally believe in you!

1:42 PM  
Blogger BP said...

Thanks Bry you're the bestest!!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home