Monday, April 17, 2006

I must have new music.

I've said it multiple times in the past. I love music. I love NEW music. I love discovering an artist that nobody has ever heard of before. I like being able to listen to an album 20 times and discover something new everytime.

That is why I hate Milwaukee radio. It is a wasteland of old regurgitated crap that has been played a dozen..no..hundred..no..thousand times before. If 78 record executives haven't approved it, it won't get played in Milwaukee. I bought a t-shirt from Insomniac Ink with the following logo...



I proudly wear it to all concerts and local music that I go to see. I always get compliments on the shirt. Milwaukee radio sucks that friggin bad.

What brings this topic up, is that I was forced to listen to my radio today. I was on site, had no CDs, and I wanted to hear something besides the voices in my head. ;) Both BM and I tuned around all day to hear the same garbage. 15 year old Nirvana, 4 year old Chevelle, ancient Alice in Chains, who-the-fuck-knows-how-old Pink Floyd, and the ever present barrage of whiney shoot-me-in-the-face crap that passes as music... Greenday and Smashing Pumpkins.

HELP!!! I NEED NEW MUSIC THAT DOESN"T SUCK!!!

Not whiney Sum41, Blink182, Panic at the Disco, ColdPlay, Greenday.... It's all shit!!! And that's all Milwaukee radio plays. Who seriously listens to it?!? I want to know!!! Are there that many people in Milwaukee that are completely friggin braindead?!? How can this pass as being good?!?

The thing that I really don't understand is how the local "Music Directors" can keep their jobs. If you did absolutely nothing new at your job all day long 24-7-365, what would happen? You would get fired.

Who knows maybe they are getting fired and there is a constant line of retards standing by to take their position.

I just don't get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

Hmmm....
nothing.

I need more persuasive measures...

6:58 AM  
Blogger Bite Me said...

I brought the Cocksmiths today, but you're still at home. Time for me to leave and start drinking beer. :-)

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home