Sunday, February 19, 2006

Define dull you asshole.

I'm talking to you Apple. I find you newest ad friggin' hilarious.

Just because you finally found out that PowerPC chips are junk, you have to shit on me?!? Screw you. Dull is having boxes that are IDENTICAL. Dull is not being able to modify your computer. Dull is having a computer that NOBODY MAKES SOFTWARE FOR. Dull is having a whopping handful of games that are ported to your platform months after they are out on the PC.

Back in the mid-nineties you actually allowed people to make motherboards. What happened? Amazing innovations. Systems with more than 3 PCI slots, custom cases, systems that enthusiasts were actually interested in!!! Thank God that you pulled the plug on that one right quick. Back to the old closed boxes that all LOOK THE SAME. But you're not dull. Oh no, not at all.

I've been building systems that look cooler and are more powerful than shitty Macs for 12 years. Multiple processors, beige, black, blue, brushed aluminum cases, CCFL lighting, LEDs, etc. Name a Mac that you can do that to.

So you made a nice front end for Linux, the most stable OS on the planet. Is that supposed to be impressive? How about building a completely new OS from the ground up like BeOS? Too bad BeOS never took off. It would have put a serious dent in both MacOS and Linux. By far one of the most stable and responsive OS' that I have ever used.

That's all for my geek rant of the day.

3 Comments:

Blogger MG said...

This is an awesome post. I HATE mac... it's what we use at work because my boss thinks its' the best... me and candyboy try to tell him all this same shit, but he's too far gone...

When I bought my ipod, i got hell for it....

not a geek rant at all, i hear ya!

oh and glad i didnt say anything too regrettable last night ;)

9:08 AM  
Blogger BP said...

I can't stand Mac users. They have this elitist attitude that drives me insane. Congratulations, you bought an overpriced computer that comes with a mouse with only ONE BUTTON!!! ...bangs head on desk...

I've gotta admit. The ipods are tmepting. Especially now with car stereos manufacturers coming out with slick cradles. But I'm still going to hold strong. I'll just get my car computer up and running again. ;)

10:29 PM  
Blogger MG said...

yeah, WTF is up with that one button thing, drives me nuts, I've worked on them for years and still try to click it...

I'm in awe of your self control...I caved to the IPOD like a little girl, oh wait, I am a girl and a blonde, lets blame it on that, yeah...

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home